By All Means I Agree Insurance SHOULD BE FREE!

♥ But it's not so pay your bill on time! *gasp* what a novel idea!

Sunday, August 5, 2007

Sarcasm On Hold ♥ Indefinately

Hey Friends!

So the other night I posted a blog about this girl who I work with, well yesterday I brought her a White Mocha from Starbucks because I heard her talking to a friend and she told her she wanted one so bad but she couldn't afford it because she had school supplies she had to buy for her kids. Well I decided to buy one for her and bring it to her. I also decided in that moment that I have no right to say what I did in that Blog, I don't know her and I was just mean venting or not it was mean and I don't want to be like that. I thought about this long and hard and I realized that she made me feel bad and I didn't like that and rather than doing what I am now I retaliated and that's not me. So anyway I gave her the White Mocha and she was so excited and she kept thanking me over and over again and you know what I suddenly saw a hurting single mother of 2 who was striving to take care of her children before herself. I also saw a person with feelings, who was probably wondering how she was going to get her daughter the back pack she wanted and the pretty note books with the cool pens. I remember when I went to school my dad was unemployed and he dressed up as the Keebler Elf so we had what we needed he sacrificed so much for us and when he didn't have a job he was doing everything from dressing up as Santa Clause, Barney, Elmo, the Keebler Elf anything and everything. I say this because I remember in second grade I wanted a Lisa Frank back pack so bad I could not see straight every time we went into Wal-mart I begged my mom and she said your back pack from last year is just fine. Well now I see it her way but this is also about 16 years later! Anyway I remember the first day of school my dad came into my room and kissed my nose and held up that Lisa Frank back pack!! I was so excited I couldn't stop screeching and saying YOU GOT IT YOU GOT IT!!!! Moments like those are what make my Daddy my hero and such an awesome provider. Those are the things I dwell on and think about not the other stuff because my daddy was and is my hero.

I remembered that story while I was listening to her talk about her daughter to her friend and how she wants the nice stuff all the other girls have and how she just can't afford it. I decided that would be my "Morning Star Mission" for the school kids I went and got her the coolest back pack I could find it's pink with rainbow sparkly stars all over it (I almost wanted one) and the bright awesome note books and the funky pens and pencils ( I also caught in the conversation it was her first year with a locker) so I got her some fun locker stuff and a lip gloss with a magnet for your locker (WHY DIDN'T THEY HAVE THOSE WHEN I WAS IN SCHOOL!!!!???) and a mirror and a locker shelf and magnets and book covers and a day timer and 3 ring binders and a gift card for 30$ to the Limited Too. I gave it to her mom and told her I heard her talking about her daughter and I told her to give it to her and don't mention me at all just say it's from you, because when a little girl wants something sooo bad and she gets it, it becomes so much more then just a back pack for me it was my daddy loves me so much with or without the back pack. I'm sure that is my first recollection of my dad being the provider he always has been and I will cherish that moment forever and hopefully her daughter will too ♥

4 comments:

Carol said...

You are so beautiful!

one hot momma said...

Oh Heidi,
I love your heart
I should take a lesson
You are a picture of Christ!
You're my hero today! Thank you!
Thank God for you Daddy!

Mommy Brain said...

Awesome, beautiful, amazing story! I just want to cry...way to go girl!

Maddy said...

Great posting. [newby visiting from mommy brain]
A big heart and just in the right place.
Best wishes

Heidi Pie Limited

My photo
I have an addiction to 100 calorie packs and crystal light singles, sad I know Ummmm I love Trader Joes, and Starbucks Um reading I like escaping the world for a while, I love laughing and having a good time, Oh IlDivo wow yeah they're awesome! the color pink !! Victoria Secret yes I love underware I will until the day I die wear cute underware not saggy hanes full coverage crap! being a dork.I love to cuddling up in a big soft blanket and reading for hours when time permits it. I'm rather sarcastic actaully very sarcastic, I laugh a lot usually at other people and yes myself too. I have shit depth perception which is often the cause of my laughter running into things is a regular occurence on my part farting does that too...